2017년 4월 6일 목요일

Week Six The Heroic Journey

When I think of heroic journey, I think of a normal young man living a normal life go to journey because of sudden hardship, defeat the hardship, and comeback to normal life. But on Troll Bridge, It's quite different. Even though it is a short story, it tries to include the twist of the heroic journey. In this story, main character tried to get his honor with a talking horse by defeating a troll under the bridge. And turns out, that troll wasn't a bad guy after all. Troll used to have some treasure but dwarf took all after fixing the bridge. So, he doesn't do anything after he hear the story from the troll about what happen and came back to his home. Like what I said people expect hero to defeat the bad guys with evil purpose. But it is quite interesting to twist the actual whole purpose of type of literature for fun. I was also not expecting this but it looks like he had fun when he wrote this thing. It is always important to always being creative. So, I like what I've read.

댓글 없음:

댓글 쓰기