Blog for Ringling college Lit. of Horror, Fantasy, Science Fiction class
2017년 2월 26일 일요일
Week Three J Horror
I don't know why there is a Chinese ghost story on the class resource page but I read the The Soul of the Great Bell of Chinese Ghost Story. It's a story of people making bells ended up making important bell with sacrifice of a women jumped herself into the hot furnace by the prophecy saying it will need sacrifice of a woman to make one. Sounds like old Chinese horror story don't usually involved with ghost looking for people to kill. But this is kind of tear jerking, brave story, not necessary scary to describe the story. Sounds like most of those forms by gods, prophecy , legend, and legendary items. I don't know what kind of lesson this is trying to tell the people. Maybe it want to say sacrificing for greater good is good. I think most of old Asian stories are it is just a folktale that people like to tell their kid to scare them.
피드 구독하기:
댓글 (Atom)
댓글 없음:
댓글 쓰기